The Clinic for Health and Medical Care (CHMC) is a German outpatient clinic specialized in Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Family Medicine. The clinic is located in Dubai Healthcare City which is situated in the center of Dubai. Dubai Healthcare City is a hub for medical specialists adhering to European and American healthcare standards. CHMC is dedicated to providing high quality psychiatric, psychotherapeutic, and counselling services, as well as outstanding family medicine care. The internal clinic organization provides psychiatric care, amongst other treatments, based on proven German standards in the healthcare sector and certified according to international standards.
We treat the entire spectrum of psychiatric and family medicine disorders offering short, middle and long term assistance to patients from Dubai and the neighboring emirates in the UAE. As experts in the field of psychiatry, our aim is to relieve suffering, promote wellbeing and restore mental and physical health trough professionalism, respect and devotion to our patients by using a balanced combination of different psychiatric and psychotherapeutic techniques. Our patients’ uniqueness is honored by our sensitivity towards diverse cultural, religious and personal backgrounds which is so important in Dubai’s multinational community.
The treatment proceeds in accordance with a holistic concept reflecting the interaction between the soul and the body. The human being and his moral concepts, hopes, doubts, misgivings, fears, and other problems of life build the center of our therapeutic work. A meaningful life is a basic need of every human being. Our main objective is to support our patients by deepening their inward insight and opening the way to a meaningful and fulfilled life. This path to the self is also the way out of the crisis.
Dr. Gregor Kowal
Senior Consultant in Psychiatry,
Psychotherapy and Family Medicine
(German Board Certified)
Our Areas of Specialization:
Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy, Counselling, Family Medicine
Psychiatric diagnostics and treatment including thorough physical and neurological investigation, blood work, Electrocardiogram (ECG), electroencephalogram (EEG), Magnetic Resonance Tomography (MRI) followed by psychopharmacology combined with psychotherapy. All procedures are headed and supervised by a certified, German psychiatrist in Dubai to ensure patient welfare and safety.
– Psychotherapy and Counselling by a German psychologist in Dubai using the methods of Psychoanalytical and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person Centered Therapy (PCT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Exposure Response Prevention (ERP), Transactional Analysis (TA), The Gottman Method, Systemic Therapy, Trauma Work, Grief Work, Marriage Counselling, and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy.
– Family Medicine: Diagnostics and treatment of the entire spectrum of somatic illnesses, health check, health prevention.
Disorders treated at CHMC:
– Treatment of depression
– Treatment of anxiety disorders, including Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Attacks, Phobias such as situational phobias, for example Flying Phobia, Needle Phobia, or Social Phobia (also known as Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD))
– Treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
– Treatment of Bipolar Disorder and Schizoaffective Disorder
– Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
– Treatment of Eating Disorders
– Treatment of Alcohol Dependency in cooperation with the Rehabilitation Center DARA in Thailand
– Treatment of Psychosis
Clinic for Health and Medical Care
Dubai Healthcare City
Al Razi Building, No. 64, Block B,
3rd Floor, Clinic 3006
Post box: 126779, Dubai, UAE